Monday, August 24, 2009

Marshmellow Sofa

Nothing about you was appealing as you sat across the furniture showroom. In fact, I was most certainly repelled by your lumpyness and grand scale. Not my style. But when I tried to walk around you my hand brushed against your upholstery and I will never be the same. You felt like a plushy, microfiber blankey. I paused. I leaned in. You compressed like my favorite pillow. Knowing the risk I was taking falling into something I would never own I thought I could just sit at the edge and test the seat cushion. Which, I'm sure you remember, quickly turned into testing out the reclining feature. I shifted and curled and your armrest perfectly held held my head as the rest of me sank into you. And for that moment, in that huge warehouse showroom of furniture I hated, I loved you.



1 comment:

Alpha Monkey said...

Brilliant! I am getting advertisements sent to the comments section of my blog from an unavailable profile that clearly never even read the entry or "Andry" never would have said "It looks great!" as if agreeing with me because, I'm sorry, it most certainly does not look great which was the amusing part to me about thinking it was the most comfortable thing I ever sat in knowing how ugly I considered the sofa. See? That I could both love and hate something at the exact same time. And the part where I learned that lesson from a sofa.