Sunday, August 23, 2009

"It all comes from not having front doors big enough."

I asked the boy sleeping over at our house what time he wakes up in the morning and he told me he is not sure but he usually gets up with his dad. The panic part kicks in because I know that the dad leaves for work around 4:30 IN THE MORNING!

Now, I am pretty sure he can't tell time and the weekend is fresh in his mind. There is no way that kid gets up at 4:30. He is 7. But I will be honest and admit the first thing that went through my head was, "Why, oh why, did I ever invite that bear to lunch?"

(Truth be told, they are up there playing legos like little brick-laying angels. And since they can't tell time they will never know that 9:00 is not super late. And since it is their first sleep over they will be content with following the rules to the letter. Because when I told them all about sleep overs I made sure to emphasize the being quiet and following rules parts.)


UPDATE (9:30): They are already asleep!

MORNING REPORT: They slept until 7:00. Whew. And when they woke up they came down to tell me they were going to be upstairs playing legos. Too cute!

No comments: