Friday, August 7, 2009

Censorship--facebook style

A friend of mine (since we were 8) is in N-Y-C (sing the song from Annie with me now!) with her mom and sister.  Friend does not have facebook but her sister does and friended me last week.  Which was weird.  But nice too.  Only weird still.

All along the trip the sister has been posting little updates: where they are, what they are seeing, where they go next, what will be eaten there, and also what they are buying.  So when she said something about having just designed their own sneaks at the Nike store I quickly commented.  There is a running Nike joke at my house.  About them sponsoring my golf game.  But, anyway...my point is I like their products.  I even pay full price for them.  But I made the mistake of the following comment to the sister of someone I know.  It looked something like this:


Big Sister and Little Sister just done designing shoes at NIKE.

Alpha Monkey Do they email the specs for those 
to the child laborers in Mexico or do they keep 
some in the City too?  Can't wait to see the shoes.


And I shared, because sharing is good.  And it was right there for about 8.3 seconds.  Then it was deleted.  Turns out, Big Sister is not so sure she likes Friend of Little Sister's "attitude."  (I like to call it "sense of humor."  Geeesh.)  

So then she posted a great picture of Friend and Mom on their way to see Jersey Boys on Broadway (again, N-Y-C!! or maybe Broadway Babeeeeee...) and I countered with the generic:

Alpha Monkey That is a fabulous photo!  Enjoy the show.

And I got to stay on the Wall.  Now that I know her weakness if flattery, I might try mixing it up a bit.  

1 comment:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

That is hilarious. I can't count how many times Nate is "funny" and gets deleted. Sometimes we just sit and count the seconds.
I love child labor humor - always funny!