Friday, August 7, 2009

I need a Drink

I just saw a headline in passing that looked like it read "Expert Women Drink More."  So I started thinking that is an interesting thing to look at.  If women who are experts drink more than women who are not experts.  Instinctively I would predict an inverse correlation but maybe the people conducting the research project are, in fact, expert women.  Maybe this impacted the results: either their desired outcomes or perhaps their impaired fine motor skills and diminished rational decision making.  But maybe they don't mean alcohol.  Maybe the title was a way to catch the reader and what the researchers actually found was that Expert Women drink more green tea.  Either way, I should look at the article to see if they have a guess at why.  Or maybe they are implying causality.  Fascinating.

And then I read the article title again.  "Experts: Women Drinking More."

Well, now, that is not nearly as interesting to me.  But suddenly I am thirsty.

No comments: