Thursday, August 26, 2010

It Pleases The Gods

I was walking through TJ Maxx today helping Miss M select a pair of gym shoes for school. Select may be a generous term. Handing her shoes and making her put a foot in at least one and...gasp...actually tie it is closer to the truth. She does not like shopping. People tell me that she will grow into it, she's a girl and MY child after all. At 12.2 years of age she shows no sign of it yet. Her general compliance today was the result of bribery. Yes, I told her she could rent a movie of her choice if she at least didn't cry and yell at me when I handed her clothes to try on.

So I am in the shoe aisle. We happen to wear the same size now, you know. And I was thinking that with all the money I save due to her aversion to purchasing clothes and shoes this might be the year I buy myself those red, mid-height Frye boots. Just then I turn to check the rest of the size 7's and guess what!!!!? NO. Not Frye. But Franco Sarto, whom I also love. Red. Mid-heights. COWGIRL boots! For 1/4 the price of the ones I was going to go home and order online.

The shoes gods must be rewarding me for taking such fastidious care of my soles! It pays to exfoliate, girls.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

I'm currently doing battle with my evil angel over a pair of orange stacked-heel knee high Italian leather boots.

Just how important are milk and eggs to a 7yo child, anyhow.

WV: "uggingen." Something I will never do.

Dr. FP said...

You just weren't shopping at the right place, now camping gear....but me, I want the camping gear and the fancy pants boots.

Alpha Monkey said...

Dr. Auntie Fancypants, you know Miss M so well! I love that about you and have appropriately upgraded your status. And you are the one person I know that could pull off fancy pants boot WHILE camping, darling.

Dr. AFP said...

I am,of course, honored on both accounts and very entertained by the image of myself I have in my head now. I'll have to try something a little more stylish on our next outing.