Friday, January 15, 2010

Marketing 101

Any of you marketing people out there work on prescription drug campaigns? Any of you work on a drug called...

AcipHex?

It is an acid reflux medication. It might work well. It might not. I will never know...because there is just no way I can go into my doctor's office and say, "Do you think that AcipHex might just be the thing for me? I need some AcipHex!"

(Did I mention that it is pronounced ass-i-fex, with a short i sound and emphasis on the ass?)

Marketeers, when your client gives you crap to work with you have to downplay the stink. Saying AcipHex over and over and over is just...tsk, tsk...asinine. Emphasis on the ass.

4 comments:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

You made me laugh out loud again. Thank you.

Lorraine said...

I like to think of it as Ass FX, as if they could maybe work some special effects on the trailer.

Alpha Monkey said...

I could use some of that in the direction of "Honey I Shrunk My Ass!"

Michelle said...

Funny! ;0)