Monday, January 25, 2010

Fairy Tale Effect

In the car with Miss M yesterday, discussing lunch options...when this happens.

Miss M: Mom? Can we get pumpernickle? I love grilled cheese on pumpernickle.

Mama: That sounds kind of tasty!

Miss M: Know what I used to think?

Mama: What?

Miss M: That pumpernickle was made out of people.

Mama: Ew! Like from Jack and The Beanstalk when the giant says, "I'll grind his bones to bake my bread."

Miss M: Oh! I bet that's where it's from! I thought it was toasted skin in pumpernickle, though.

Mama: That's kind of gross, Miss M.

Miss M: And...I thought it tasted great.

That sound? That was me trying not to throw up a little bit while also laughing. My kid is a little sick, but funny!

2 comments:

Hiro said...

Hello! Just blogspotting. Great blog! I bookmarkd it.

Happy blogging!

Alpha Monkey said...

Thank you, dear! And now...please tell me how to pronounce your name. I am kind of crossing my fingers for a long E sound. But I will enjoy your travel blog regardless of pronunciation!