Saturday, January 9, 2010

In 20 days!!!!!

I have found myself having to explain this blog a couple of times lately.  One person (though you know I adore you, right?) said I have "The Narcissism of Hitler combined with the Heart of Ghandi."  What does one do with that?  Feel free to post any snappy come-backs in your reply....because I was at a loss for words.

I was also called a nut.   But that time I was ready and I wrote back "I'll take nut.  But I am a nut like marzipan and not like a goober pea."  And to be completely fair, that one wasn't directly related to the blog...though it contributed.

I am always open to some spirited discourse.  Well, ok, I am USUALLY open to some...Wait.  Deep breath.  I am, on occasion, generally willing to listen to some critique.  Neither of the above comments really bothered me.  Must be the Narcissist in me that lets that all roll off my back.  But there is one topic of questioning that will ruffle the Mama Bear in me.  One area where I will not tolerate any criticism.

Lorraine.

See, I consider her one of my best friends.  She is humble and witty and clever and sensitive and by some freak of nature she is my long lost twin born a couple of years and a whole country away from me.  And we have never even met.  I have witnessed a year in her life.  I have heard her laughter as her goofy hound dog slid across the hardwood floors.  I have seen the love in her eyes when she looks at her son.  And I have felt her heart listening when I needed her.  And while I don't know everything about her, I know enough.


And guess what?  I get to MEET HER IN PERSON IN 20 DAYS!!!!

And, yes, Christmas Eve Party Guests, I did meet her online.  And no, I am not one bit worried about meeting her.  And, Dear Liz, there is not a chance in hell I won't like her in person.

And, Laur, I am going to let Dar Williams help me with this part:

Through the peaks and twisty canyons
I made many great companions
Best of all is the one who loves me like you do



20 DAYS!!!! 

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

My Christmas Eve party guests were also a little discomfited by the whole thing. We shall simply have to become splendidly and exhuberantly inebriated, sing ribald sea shanties, and perhaps have the boys get tattoos. That will show the doubters. 18 days!

Alpha Monkey said...

Oh, I know some sea shanties. Have you familiar with The First Whore From Singapore?

The boys have to get their tattoos sober, though. And WE get to pick the design while WE are drunk!!

I explained it all again tonight. And because it was Favorite Mary, she is in love with the idea!! Though she did ask if you had a...ahem...a partner. I said, "NO, SIlly! She's MARRIED!" (Ba Dum Ching!)

Anonymous said...

I thought the Hitler/Ghandi metaphor was a compliment. C'mon I didn't say you had the Heart of Hitler and the Narcissism of Ghandi...that would mean you are an Evil Pushover. Not the case with you.

Ethan Wilson said...

I thought the Hitler/Ghandi metaphor was a compliment. C'mon I didn't say you had the Heart of Hitler and the Narcissism of Ghandi...that would mean you are an Evil Pushover. Not the case with you.

Alpha Monkey said...

Moose says no tattoo. I said the alternative is a painful piercing of my choice. He is reconsidering.

Jennifer Babbitt said...

How about Lymrics? I want the first encounter videotaped and put to "Chariots of Fire". Or perhaps Flight of the Concords - "It's Business Time."

Have a great time !!