Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oh, Gail...

I wish you would leave your phone number next time you leave a drunken, sobbing message on our phone.  I do not have caller ID at the house, sorry about that.  The series of degenerating messages on Mother's Day chronicled your self-medicating in real time for us.  And I agree that Heidi should have called you on that of all days.  It was a rather touching call out for help.  

And the message today, what can I say?  I do appreciate your not giving our number to the lawyer that called you.  It is most unfortunate that Artie is being sued for $5000.  I feel your grief when you mention that Heidi has STILL not called you.  It is all very dramatic, but...

...the thing is...

...please know how hard it is for me to tell you this...

...but you have the wrong number.  Really.

And you have a very common first and last name combination and I am simply not going to call every one with that name looking for you.  I can't even call and order a pizza without some degree of anxiety.

I agree that Heidi needs to know that you are trying to reach out to her even if it technically qualifies as drunken dialing (11 am might be a touch early, dear).  At least this way your daughter could make an informed choice to reciprocate...or not.  I am wondering if there might be a chance that she made that clear at the last intervention.

Best of luck to you.

No comments: