Thursday, July 23, 2009

How's The Weather in Calgary?

So I have a few things to confess.  I know you are not blogging (how's the hand? did you see the comments at Voodoo Lounge?) but I find myself still checking your blogs.  I do not think that qualifies as cyber stalking.  I have also peeked at your Facebook and Linkdin pages.  Hope that's not creepy.

I feel like I did the first time I commented on the blog of someone I didn't personally know.  It was Emi, actually.  And I felt like a degenerate so I sent her a real email telling her who I was.  This was before I knew about the whole "letters to marc jacobs" thing.  There's irony for you.  I felt like I had to introduce myself for commenting to a women who wrote hundreds and hundreds of unanswered letter to Marc Jacobs.  She must have though me rather simple.  She still might.

I just want to make sure if I am crossing your line you let me know.  See, one of my first comments was from a gentleman in Australia.  I was thrilled and then I clicked his profile and read his blog and I realized he was in an institution in Australia.  And when medicated he was a thoughtful person who produced some beautiful art.  But, schizophrenia being what it is, when he was "off" his posts were a tad paranoid.  Which made me, being what I am, a bit paranoid.  His art was still fascinating.  Thankfully, continental drift is a slow thing so I'm not too worried about bumping in to him.



2 comments:

Alpha Monkey said...

I would like to rescind my previous statement about the speed of continental drift. I think New Zealand felt like it had to make a point. Ease off on that shifting thing, there, Kiwis.

Lorraine said...

Miss Alpha, my separated at birth but still several years younger twin: I feel like we have been friends for a long time. Please head back to my facebook page and friend me (trust me, I encourage very few people to do so): I don't even know your non-monkey name!