Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dress-up Day

Some days I dress up nicely.  Mostly it is because my dress down "uniforms" are all in the laundry.  Today I ended up in a nice skirt and t-shirt with fun, strappy J-41's.  It is a sassy red and pink printed skirt that I got for just 1/3 the normal price at a spendy boutique and I love it.  The skirt is full and flares out when you twirl.  (Who doesn't love that?  When I am 90, I am going to put just one booster rocket on the side of my wheelchair so I can still twirl!)

Anyway, I ended up wearing that skirt to the "graduation" event at my kids' aerospace engineering camp.  I would like to supply some information that may help you if you are ever in this situation.  You see, airport tarmacs are breezeways even without the planes taking off and landing.  So if you step out in your sheltered, suburban front yard and think that the skirt can handle the little bit of wind today you will be wrong.  In addition to the general windiness you will be climbing up into the C-130 for a tour and there will be a wind tunnel created inside of the fuselage when every door is opened and...well...you get the idea.

My apologies to Miss M for making her hold Little C's hand the entire time (that kid is a security breach waiting to happen).  But your mama was busy trying to hold down her dignity.  (When the clean laundry is so depleted that you have to wear that skirt, you don't even want to know what was left to choose from in the under-pinnings drawer.)

No comments: