Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bottom of The Barrel

A group of monkeys are usually called a Troop. Also used are: cartload, tribe, or barrel. I think barrel of monkeys will suffice.

Bottom of The Barrel is my new label for those things which reflect family life here in our Barrel/Troop that are less than flattering. So you know it will be a busy topic!

I was just cutting the Cinna Stix for dessert with the uber sharp pizza wheel I got at the restaurant supply store. It is well-honed and more of a revolving blade than your standard circular cutter. Which is why when I passed through the dough and then my finger it hurt. And I gasped. And I ran out of the room followed by a chewing Moose. I returned to a table full of frightened looking monkeys.

Miss M: Whhhat happened?

Little C: I didn't do it!

What does this say about my kids that they are conditioned to deny something every time I gasp?

2 comments:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

How is the finger? I love automatic denial!

Alpha Monkey said...

Mearly a flesh wound. Finally saw HP. No way I could take my sensitive kids to that. The scene you were talking about with #1...Moose jumped out of his seat and I let out an otherworldly scream. Other people screamed too. But I was the only one jeered at after the movie. Ahhhh, good times.