Monday, July 27, 2009

Conversation

Little C: Mama, I have a secret drawer in my room.

Mama: Technically, it is a hidden drawer because it is no longer a secret.

Little C: What?

Mama: Well, since you told me about it I now possess the knowledge that you have a drawer in your room.  However, I do not know the location so it remains hidden from me.

Little C: Ok...but I have a drawer in my room that you do not know about.

Mama: Do you mean the one in your IKEA nightstand that I built?

Little C:  Yep!

Mama: So it is neither secret nor hidden.

Little C: ........oh.

Mama: Sorry about that.  Do you even have things that need to be hidden?  You see, your life at age 6 is almost completely revealed to me.  And why is that?

Little C: You're the mama.

Mama: Damn straight, baby!

No comments: