Saturday, November 1, 2008

research project

I have been collecting evidence to disprove a hypothesis.  This is the scientific method, right?  The hypothesis is that Big C is not an 8 year old.  He is a 58 year old.  Yesterday added some empirical evidence to both columns.

He was being goofy with friends when I got to his classroom for the Halloween party and blew off his mama.  8.

He decided he had enough candy after 10 houses and asked to go home to re-read a library book before it gets returned.  58.

When the rest of the kids got home he dove into his candy and traded and gorged with the rest of them.  8.

Recognizing that he had less than the other kids, he sorted and ranked his loot to ration it.  He was not bothered in the least that he had far less.  He was happy for them that their piles were large.  58.

So I am no closer to an answer today.  This is sort of the pattern his life takes and it has since he was a baby.  It is his nature.  And I guess my job is to nurture him with respect to that nature to be the best person he can be at 8 so he will be the best person he can be at 58.  

Big C was my treat yesterday.