Saturday, November 29, 2008

Countdown

I have less than 5,000 words to go and about 38 hours to get there.  I can hear those boots tapping their toes up in the closet.  They are getting impatient to be on my feet!  The only question now is argyle or stripes for the socks?

I do not think it matters that I have resorted to age old National Novel Writing Month tricks to pad my word count.  Only one wacky dream sequence.  Only two scenes with characters sitting over a beer or a coffee offering up a few pages of their life histories each.  Yes, there are a few instances of people answering a question by repeating the question before they answer it.  But it is all part of the character development and vital to the plot.  Sort of.  Vital to my plot anyway!  And I did not start avoiding contractions and acronyms like the plague until late last night.  

Next post when I blow past 50,000!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Argyle, definitely argyle.