Wednesday, November 12, 2008

...breaking news...

(Well, it is to me.)  I am doing some investigating this afternoon (also called procrastinating if you are being a pessimist but I am allowed a bit after passing 20,000 words) and I checked on Pat Benatar.  Now that I am spelling her name correctly, I should let you know that she is up to something.  A few things, in fact.  There was a greatest hits type compilation release his past summer.  There is a current tour.  And she was just inducted into the Long Island Music Hall of Fame.  While this is not the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, it is still deserving of some Kudos.  I guess.  

This does not explain the Kim Carnes resurgence.  So I did a little more research.  The alien explanation can only cover so many mysteries.  And since we have already used it to cover the kindergarten teacher's third eye (really) I thought I should search for a more plausible answer.  According to her website, she is also an artist who will custom make greeting cards with abstracted children's faces on them for you.  Some people like that kind of thing.  There is also a new album, but it is only on her website as far as I can tell.  Nothing to explain the strange occurrences. 

So then I checked on Ms. Bette Davis herself.  And now that I am spelling her name correctly as well, she would be 100 years old this year.  AND there is a new postage stamp with her picture on it.  I think that trumps the Long Island Music Hall of Fame.  Sorry, Pat.  It was unveiled on October 16.  Just about a week before I started hearing the song.  So either they are trying to sell stamps and have some PR geek calling radio stations in his jammies to request the song, or my alien theory has just reached a whole new level of suspicious.  They have control of the US Postal Service now too.

"My passions were all gathered together like fingers that made a fist.  Drive is considered aggression today; I knew it then as purpose."  Bette Davis


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alpha Mama - more useless info on P.B. and family - Pat's second husband Neil Giraldo was once married to famous make-up artist Tobi Britton - runs The Makeup Shop in NYC - she did the make-up for the Cosby Show - thought you should know! JR