Friday, November 28, 2008

The Sprint to the Finish

Moose and his father have the cygnets out of the house for the day which was meant to give me time to write and reach 50,000 words.  So far, I have managed to re-clean an already clean house.  I love to go back over my house after it is clean and hit stuff I never have time for on a daily basis.  I had to put on sunglasses to wash a few things at my sink because the sun coming in the south facing window was so bright!  The plants are all dusted and the upper oven is self-cleaning.  Floors are done (does anyone else mop after their guests leave instead of before they arrive?).  The rock collection is rearranged and dusted.  And as tempted as I am to wash the kitchen windows and lemon oil my cabinets...I think I will save those fun tasks as rewards.  Then I can do them in my new boots that are waiting up high in Moose's closet!

So now I finally have myself hunkered down in the library to write.  I am next to a north-facing window, camped out on the backgammon/chess table.  I have an antique china plate of Dare Maple Leaf cookie and a bottle of San Pellegrino.  I have a big floppy dog keeping my feet warm and two more snoring to keep me company.  There is a lovely mix playing on Pandora.  I am looking at the shelves full of all of our family's favorite things.  As tempted as I am to give you a tour of it right now (you will love Miss M's needle felted model of the human brain) I am aware that that would be considered stalling as well.  What is this fear of finishing something?  I am not going to answer that...I am going to finish so I don't even have to consider it!

No comments: