Friday, November 14, 2008

Boo!

Before anyone else points out how I have neglected my middle dog, I would like to present evidence that I have, in fact, tried to get a good picture of her.  Moose is convinced that Geneva fears I am trying to steal her soul when I pull out the camera.  She cowers and hides.  The only way I managed to get this picture is by shutting her out of my room so she couldn't scoot under the bed.  So she ran past me and slid in among other black, four-legged creatures instead.  My kitchen table and chairs are like a herd of zebra for her!  She is nothing like Tanner in that regard.  Tanner was a starlet in a former life.  When any camera comes out she senses it and gets in the frame.  We have hours of baby video footage with her walking back and forth through the shot.

The thing is, it would be easy to get a shot of her and toss it on here.  But I want one that does her justice.  Geneva is so very beautiful.  She is silky soft and shiny so most pictures have a lot of reflection and high contrast.  In her panic she ends up looking like a deer in the head lights: ears pinned back, eyes wide, the terror easy to read in the photo blurred by her trembling.  

I will keep working on a better picture of her if you all (and by "you all" I mean the three people who read my blog) will remain patient.  

2 comments:

Thomas Wentworth Hardy said...

Hi Alpha Monkey,you have a nice way with words.My wife and I don't have any kids yet and I suppose I am lucky to have my freedom.Don't worry raising kids isn't easy and when they're grown you can then look forward to looking after their children...Tom Australia

Anonymous said...

Hey Mama - maybe you need to book a session for geneva with wendy b so she can take her pic...better yet, you could have all 3 pups strike a pose for a pet portrait! Or...maybe one of your neighbors in the area could paint a pic of geneva? Maybe? JR