Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I Swear I am Not This Stupid

So.....(you knew this one had to start with a "so...") Moose is off work for a couple of weeks and today we went out for lunch with our charming nephew and his lovely wife. And since we had all been just sitting around in our pajamas 10 minutes earlier (they stayed over night) I did not put much thought into what I would be wearing to lunch. I mean, I brushed my hair AND my teeth. That seemed like enough.

Turned out it wasn't.

I threw on a J Crew t-shirt under a cardigan and went about my afternoon. Which included some incredible tortilla soup, the coffee shop, and then picking up kids from school. Only, when I got to the grade school I glanced down.

My t-shirt was...UNBUTTONED!! Like....a good three inches lower than I would ever EVER wear it. See, last time I wore it I had a nice citron tank under the navy blue with the small ruffle. Only, today, I did not wear another shirt under it. Nor did I re-button it.

So I squeal in the parking lot, duck behind a car, and try to reassemble my dignity. And Moose looks at me all "What? It was like that at the restaurant too."

And NO ONE told me!!! Well, that is not entirely true. Turns out the waiter might have been trying to tell me something. (And I just thought he had some Margarita salt in his eye.)

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh Alpha, I did that once in Germany. I took my sweater off in a toasty warm bar and forgot that I wasn't wearing a shirt underneath. The hairy old gentleman across the room nearly choked to death on his schnitzel.

inginst: how I'd like to be embalmed

Jennifer Babbitt said...

Holy shitter. I can't believe you bared a little (or a lot) o'boob. I wish Moose had taken some phone photos. What is up with your niece? She should have stepped up to the plate.
This brings back memories to when you were here and the chick had her nip hanging out.