Monday, December 21, 2009

Here we go!

Darling Miss M....Middle School was not designed for one as wise as you. They are kind of counting on a little more insecurity and unsureness. You knock them on their ass, Dear. I love that!!!

Miss M: Mama....? A boy's social status is higher if he has a girlfriend. And a girl's social status is higher if boys like her. So...today....David was avoiding me. And on Friday he was trying to find the right words to ask me out.

Mama: What did you say to him on Friday?

Miss M: I ran the other way.

Mama: Hmmmmm.

Miss M: And today, I just carried all of my books from first and second hour around until after lunch when I know he is not by his locker.

Mama: Ok.

Miss M: And Louise thinks I should be his girlfriend.

Mama: She does, huh? What do you think, Baby?

Miss M: Well.....I want to tell him I will be his normal friend because I do not think I am old enough to be anybody's girlfriend.

Mama: Seems like the best answer.

Miss M: Cause like, HEY!!! I am ELEVEN! Maybe he should call me in three years.

Mama: Do you sort of like him?

Miss M: Just as a normal friend. It is ridiculous that a girl would like a boy just because he likes her.

Mama: Yes it is, Doll. Do you see why he would like you?

Miss M: Because I was nice to him when other kids were teasing him. And because I would talk to him when his other girlfriend broke up with him.

Mama: You are a good person, Miss M. That is what he sees in you.

Miss M: I know.

Mama: I am very proud that you are not willing to compromise yourself for a higher social status.

Miss M: Me too!


You ARE eleven! That is half-way to 22. And while I know there is a lot of adolescence coming our way, I am feeling like I just passed my midterms with all A's!

No comments: