Tuesday, October 28, 2008

whatever you do don't open the box!

When I was a wee little one, my big sis and I had a couple of record albums that had fairy tales on them.  Most of them had songs that we used to listen to over and over on our little orange, leather record player.  One of the stories was Pandora's Box.  The song made us laugh, and I cannot do it justice here.  But the words, sung in a husky-low-fast-rhythmic manner (think Greek chorus), were: 
"Don't open the box, 
don't open the box, 
whatever you do, 
don't open the box!"

This song is in my head today because I finally went to www.pandora.com after a loverly friend's recommendation about a month ago.  It is a free online radio thing.  But wait, it is super cool.  Stick with me sister.  You pick a song or an artist and it custom mixes for you!  You can give songs the thumbs up or down, bookmark them so they play again...this all might be enough to make me stray.  Sorry iPod, but you suddenly seem a little needy.  A little...high maintenance and too hands-on.  Don't get me wrong, sometimes predictability is a good thing, but sometimes I need a little variety.  Something new and unexpected.  I know you are trying with the whole "genius" thing but, darling, it still feels like more of the old stuff in a different order.  But we'll always be friends.  Call me.


No comments: