Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ode to 5

When I finally stopped laughing and wiped away the tears, Miss M helped me finish this poem for you, Little C:

5 is great
5 is good
5 is early
childhood!

And now the reason for the laughter: 5 is also smart.  Smart enough to have an intelligent conversation about the Presidential race.  Smart enough to question some negative adds...but maybe a little lax on the details.  Like when he talks all big about playing cool video games on the "Intendo".  (As in he meant to play that cool video game.)  5 is also funny.  Sometimes on purpose.  Sometimes not.  And before you all click your tongues at me for laughing at my kid...you try having a serious conversation with a 5 about Obama and McHankin.  Close, baby.  Very close.

1 comment:

Allison LeBaron said...

Hi there Jen's cousin! So kind of you to comment on the chubby cookie post. :) If I was smarter I would have figured out how to email you directly, but alas, this is the best I can do. Kids are hysterical. Here's to some day loosing the mushy tummy no matter how upset the kids will be! :)