Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Guest Blogger: Moose

So Little C was not a happy camper tonight. It seems that he felt that he wasn't getting equal treatment when it came to the sleeping arrangements. You see, Big C earned the right to "camp" on the three season porch with a sleeping bag. Little C neither earned nor deserved this privilege. So as I sat holding the hand of a crying boy and explaining that fair does not mean equal, he maneuvered for some special treatment.

Little C: "Can I at least sleep in the top bunk?"

Dad: "Sure."

Little C (with pillow clutched firmly in his grasp as he climbs up): "Can you hand up my blanket?"

Dad: "Sure."

Little C: "Now, can you get me a Latte?"

Dad: "Excuse me?"

Little C (now smiling from ear to ear): "or an RB? That stands for 'Root Beer' in case you don't know."

Dad: "I know what it stands for and 'no' you can't have one."

Later:
Dad: "Honey, have you been singing 'Taylor the Latte Boy' on your way home from school again?"

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lief asked me this evening: "How can you just go back to work knowing that your child is starving to death, with awful pains in his stomach, in the very next room?"

I told him that the gin helps mommy be heartless.

That's going to come back to bite me at the next parent-teacher interview.

Can you get me a latte.

I think that's my new favorite saying.

Jennifer Babbitt said...

First, Love Kristen Chenoweth!

Second, Little man has quite the sense of humor. I love that he can switch from super sad to funny with a snap.

Third, I love that all the moms across America sing in the car. I may be the only one that tortures my kids when this is happening, but I like that everyone is participating in fiesta al la carpool.