Sunday, February 7, 2010

Power to the People

Something is out there. The knowledge exists. Clear directions have been given.

What will you choose?

What the hell am I talking about? Oreo Truffles my friends. OREO TRUFFLES. Three ingredients. A little bit of your time. And you could be suffering the same internal conflict I am right now. Namely, "How the heck do I stop eating these??!!"

I cannot be held responsible for the consequences of your actions on this one. But at the same time, I do not want to be responsible for your not knowing about OREO TRUFFLES. So I will put it in your hands. You can choose to go to www.bakerella.com and search for Oreo Truffles if you wish. You may even read the recipe. You may do as I did and run to the store to buy the Oreos and others ingredients and then trip over the rest of the unpacked groceries while frantically tossing the cookies into a food processor. Or not. Maybe you have the willpower to just avoid temptation altogether. Or maybe you are a much better person than me and can make them and only eat one a day. Or make them and share them generously with your family (instead of carefully giving one each to your kids while jamming four in your own mouth in rapid succession.)

These little confections taste like inside-out oreos. And the possibilities for other flavor combinations is endless. Nutter Butter Truffles covered in chocolate are also on Bakerella's site. But I am thinking about testing a Smores version as soon as possible. (Plus it gives me an excuse to use my tiny lunch-lady scoop more often.)

Best of luck to you, dears.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I wonder whether the boys would wake up if I turned the blender on right this minute.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.