Monday, October 19, 2009

Bridging the Generation Gap

Dear Old Gentleman biking on the non-motorized meandering path,

I think it is fair to say we startled each other. In my defense, I had my ear buds in while I was running so I did not hear you come up from behind. Which is also why I did not hear what you turned your head to shout at me. I suspect the singing and perhaps my booty slap had something to do with why you felt it necessary to glare and bark something at me though it was clear by my behavior that I wouldn't hear it.

But, you see, the song is called Push It. And when I listen to it I am transported back to sing-alongs on High School bus rides to soccer games. I am trying to think of a song from your youth to compare it to. The 50's were full of naughty innuendo. What about Great Balls of Fire? See! We have so much in common.

And to stay on this track of honesty, if you had kept your opinion to yourself you wouldn't have swerved and hit that branch. That part is hardly my fault.

-The Mama

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

At three, Lief's favorite song was "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy." Thankfully, he had rather poor enunciation.

Tanlygo: the Southern California cousin of the wendigo

Alpha Monkey said...

When Little C was 2, we drove from Phoenix to Vegas because Big C was crazy obsessed with Hoover Dam. Don't ask.

At that age Little C could not pronounce the letter "S" if it was at the beginning of a word. We were at the Luxor and the pool was being repainted or something so we couldn't go swimming much to everyone's disappointment. Little C more than the rest of us. Because he randomly yelled, "Swimmin! I Wanna Swimmin!" as we walked around people watching.

Now read it without the S's.

Anonymous said...

Salt & Pepa...and don't forget about D.J. Spinderella! Alpha mama, you are too much - I remember getting down to those ladies during dances in 7th / 8th grade! The days of gold chains, red spandex, and who could forget the matching jackets. I only wore those items when I really felt like making a statement, just kidding!
Random musical note - Pepa was married to Treach from Naughty by Nature (one hit wonder - You down with O.P.P.? (Yea you know me!) I am really not down with that concept, but anyhow...the two were wed @ a tattoo shop...I wonder if they are still happily married?!
jr