Friday, January 23, 2009

Join me

I am thinning out my house. My goal for 2009 is 100 Cubic IKEA Bags worth of stuff. I just want it out of here. I have to catch up for January, but if I average 2 bags a week that should give me a little play for busy weeks. But if you have ever been in my house (and I don't mean the clean parts we show guests, I mean the basement and the 5th bedroom and the closets and the...) you will understand me when I say stopping somewhere and filling a bag should take 5 to 10 minutes of my time. This is a very manageable goal.

Why don't you join me?

Comment on here, tell me your standard unit of measurement and your goal. I will keep running totals for you all and even send email reminders if you would like. At the least I will post occasional reminders on 4go4e.

I just started yesterday and I am already at 4 bags of donations. I also have small piles set aside for certain people that I will add on when I get them in the mail!

Come on...live a little lighter!

2 comments:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

I did that last year. Extremely cleansing. I try to donate one bag a month now that I am caught up. Good Luck!!

Alpha Monkey said...

I will add your one bag a month and hold you to it! BTW...would Number 2 wear navy crewcuts cords with ballet slippers embroidered on them and a couple of crewcuts ballerina graphic tshirts to match? They all look brand new. Miss M is growing like a weed!