Thursday, January 8, 2009

baby girl

>
I came across this picture of Miss M while searching for a baby photo to send in for the yearbook.

I love the expression on her face in this picture: open and inviting, with a healthy dose of smirk. 

It is pretty close to the look on her face when she was born.  This might be TMI for some, so just stop if you need to.  Look at the cute photo and go on with your day.  But Miss M was born with her eyes open and she spent the next several hours very quietly watching everything with those huge eyes.  How funny that she was already so much of who she would become in those early moments.     

And this is the giant creature she has grown into.  She had positioned herself on this park bench to subtly blend into the background.  Because she is always looking at things she is the kind of kid who recognized her clothes matched the bench and sidewalk.  And she did it with a smirk.  
I love how she thinks: about the world, about others, and about herself.  She makes me smirk!

1 comment:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

Boy do I remember that small face. I can't believe how big she has gotten. That is too cute about matching the bench and ground.