Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So I lied.


Wouldn't be the first time.  Certainly not the last.  You see, I tried these on.  I am woman enough to admit the mistake of not having bought them and kept them for myself for ever and ever amen.  I lied to myself.  I lied to the shoe.  They were a perfect fit.  Made me walk a little taller even.  Should have bought them right then and there.  

What did I take home that day instead you might wonder.  Cute yellow wedge sandals from JCrew.  Also nice.  But now that winter is here I can't slip them on over pointelle knit tights.  But of course these J-41 wedges would not have gone with the white summer dress and yellow cardigan.  

I am going to throw a pretty poorly sourced quote at you.  It comes from the author, Janet Fitch, talking about something her former therapist had said to her:  

"I know it feels like you have all these options and when you make a decision you are losing a world of possibilities.  But the reality is, until you make a decision, you have nothing at all."

So at least I am not barefoot, right?  Or is she telling me to get the J-41 shoes as well and keep my options open?  

No comments: