Monday, December 1, 2008

Hello, Mall...

...remember me?  You have changed a bit since I have seen you last.  It has been two long months.  I know.  My bad.  You have always been there...waiting...anticipating.  Hope it was worth the wait.  My credit card thinks it was.

I know it was just a quickie.  I promise to stay longer next time.  Especially since you showed me a couple of new tricks.  It was quick but it worked for me.  Thanks for keeping it fresh.

I love the new soap at LUSH called The Godmother.  Thanks to the ladies working (they hire the nicest people) for the funny chat and the sample.  We spent quite some time trying to pinpoint the smell.  Yes, it is soap.  Yes, I want to lick it.  And after trying to identify it (not Jello, not Kool Aid) I figured it out.  Twizzler.  But not Twizzler in the bag.  Twizzler whiff in the car on a road trip.  Twizzler breath.  Warm Twizzlers in the sun on the dashboard.  

J. Jill, thank you for offering your Cyber Monday 25% off on EVERYTHING in the store just as you have online today.  Very thoughtful of you.  I know I tried on lots of things, left a huge but tidy pile in the dressing room, and eventually bought nothing.  But you had 5 women working with nothing else to do.  I am worried about you.  Have you lost your shoppers?

Mr. Bauer, can I call you Ed?  Why no corduroy skirts?  They are in the catalog...the website...but not the store.  Is this an oversight or was the supply depleted by the busy shopping weekend?  Since you still have 3,176 puffy jackets still in the store I am thinking oversight.

And Crocs!  You are so crazy innovative with the footwear.  Now you have furry lined mary jane ballet flats.  Miss M will be wanting them.  Maybe the Mama too.
  
H&M: can a 36 year old mother of three get away with the ballet pink tiered ruffle mini skirt?  Did I mention she is short and round?  Maybe the black one then.  


1 comment:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

I hit the mall today also. It was the first time in a Very long time. I missed her. I wish you had better luck in the stores. So sorry.
I am trying to picture the red patent leather shoes. WOW.
Also, H&M we do not have. I am lusting after your experience with them. I hear they are cute and inexpensive.