Thursday, December 18, 2008

Crafty Mama

I am feeling all kinds of crafty today!  Dr. Fancypants helped me figure out how to make a scarf I had been craving.  And now I have this lovely cashmere blend scarf that ripples for SO LITTLE money!  No joke.  This beautiful wool ran me around $13.

I tried bleaching the edge to soften it but the dye held on for dear life and I was afraid to go any stronger for fear of eating away the wool.  Might mess with adding dye to the edge of another version.

I am going to go look at some yummy trim for the edge of it.  I want something sheer with a slight ruffle without looking like Queen Elizabeth I or one of those heirloom chickens.  While I love fancy fowl and kick-ass feminist monarchs (tiaras every day...oh the fun of it!) there is some fashion danger in toeing too close to the Nearly-Headless-Nick line.  

Will update...and post directions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...and the scarf is nice too.