Tuesday, April 13, 2010

scaredy-dog

Alpha: Seriously, Neve, you have to get out from under my feet before one of us gets hurt!

Geneva: But Alpha, you have to listen to me!

Alpha: Fine! If I listen will you back off?

Geneva: I. Think. So.

Alpha: Say what you have been trying to say then.

Geneva: (sigh) I was right.

Alpha: huh?

Geneva: All these years. My alerting you to the signs. The loud noises. The dropping barometric pressure....

Alpha: You mean your out-of-proportion response to storms? The one we drug you for?

Geneva: Doesn't seem so out-of-proportion now, does it?

Alpha: (sigh) Honestly. You are not blaming Olly's accident on the storm that happened FIVE HOURS LATER are you?

Geneva: Justified. Vindicated. Wrongfully-accused! Doped into silence!!

Alpha: Sit! Stay! Listen to me. Olly was bouncing in the yard and he impaled his leg on a branch. His bouncing was no different than any other day. The only change was that the kids moved the branch and tied it to that thing so it didn't give way when his rear-right bat flap caught it on the downside of a bounce. The storm did not do that! Fireworks did not do that! Bubble wrap DID NOT DO THAT! It was an accident, Neve. Just a random event.

Geneva: (pant, pant, pant)

Alpha: You're still going to walk between my feet aren't you? And have to ride in the car with me for a few more days? And pounce the children in their beds as they sleep, aren't you?

Geneva: Couldn't you SMELL the blood? I saved those children last night! Have you learned nothing from this experience?

Alpha: Oh...I think I have, Neve.

Geneva: Don't turn away from me! Who are you calling?

Alpha: Dr. W, yes, hello. This is Alpha Monkey. When I pick up Olly later can we get a refill on the X-a-n-a-x for G-e-n-e-v-a?

Geneva: I am a dog, remember? Just because you spell it doesn't mean I don't know the Vet's voice when I hear it! (pant, pant, pant)

Alpha: We may want to consider upping the dosage...

No comments: