Thursday, April 8, 2010

because Laurie likes it that way...

I am wearing a big-girl bra today. I mean, they are always big girls...but some bras let them settle into an age-appropriate comfort zone. Not this bra. This one is trying to be something she's not...but she used to be.

Also, I have lost about 15 pounds since I bought it...and it is a down week for me. Which is a not-so-subtle way of saying there is a little extra space in those space-age molded cups.

Not that I am trying to fill them back up or anything...but I also fried up some eggplant parmigiana for dinner. Mmmmm...seasoned panko on thin slices of eggplant, golden brown and crisp, covered in fresh mozzarella and sauce. SO yummy.

My evening progressed, as most evenings do, to flipping a load of laundry (which has STILL NOT piled up since my hostile take over of the laundry room weeks and weeks ago...yea for me!) and when I stood up to close the dryer door...

ow! ow! ow! ow! oooowww!!

It suddenly felt like I had a wad of burdock in my brassiere! I am reaching in there, moving things around, trying to find the source of the sharp pain in the nipple...and it was a rounded teaspoon of fried panko. Now...I assume this happened while I was eating because I think I would have noticed it if it had happen right out of the fryer.

So I lean over the laundry tub, tug down the cup and lift up the girl, only to have the bra snap back up and CATAPULT THE CRISP PANKO INTO MY EYES!!!


3 comments:

Alpha Monkey said...

I forgot to explain the part where what Laurie likes, is to laugh at my minor misfortunes.

Lorraine said...

Thanks for clearing that. I was worried that we had been having quite a series of miscommunications about friend panko nipples.

Oh, also: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jennifer Babbitt said...

Hot damn. I love those kind of bras.