Monday, April 12, 2010

2 Moose walk into a bar...

We live in a friendly cul-du-sac. Kids to play with, neighbors who randomly dispense baked goods or cocktails, and dogs who all like to play together. One of our boys' best friends shares a first name with Moose. I know! You thought Moose was pretty unique...me too! Anyway, there was a meeting of the Mooses yesterday that played like this:

Little Moose: (stealthily arrives in the front yard and pops up next to Moose who is reading a book) I can't play with any of my Legos for another week.

Big Moose: (rather surprised) Really?

Little Moose: Yah. They got taken away because...

Big Moose: Why?

Little Moose: I don't like to say.

Big Moose: (still trying to read his book in the hammock) Ok then.

a few minutes pass

Little Moose: Well...the thing is...I called my little brother the C word.

Big Moose: (now devoting his full attention to the conversation, curious about the mature nature of the 9 year old's cussing) Really?!

Little Moose: Yah. You know what that is, right?

Big Moose: Um...(playing it cool) no. No I don't.

Little Moose: You know. It starts with CH...

Big Moose: (now he really doesn't know) Huh?

Little Moose: Ends in a K.

Big Moose: (scanning his archives...he's got nothing) I don't know what that is, Little Moose.

Little Moose: (looks back toward his own house, sees no one, and whispers) choke.

Big Moose: (trying to verify what he heard) You called your brother a Choke?

Little Moose: Shhhhhhh! (He looks over his shoulder again.) No. I did not CALL him a choke. I said if he touched my Legos again I was going to CHOKE him.

Big Moose: (lightbulb) Ah. Seems like no Legos is the right punishment for a threat like that.

Little Moose: Yah. I guess so. (kicks some mulch, then his mood brightens) Are your kids in the house playing Legos?

Big Moose: (clearly on to the kid) No. They are at the park.

Little Moose: (kicks the mulch again and then scuffles back home)

1 comment:

suzy said...

HAha...tooo funny. "i called my brother the c word.."