Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had to cancel our Thanksgiving plans. We will seriously miss being with family and friends this year. But the desire to contain this nasty flu thing Moose and I are suffering won out in the end. And we are 2/3 of the way through pulling together a very nice meal.

Tawny Port, Mango Stilton, Aged Cheddar, and roasted Squash Seeds for an opener!
Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
Squash Soup
Mashed Potatoes
Spinach Salad
AND
3 pies!!

I know, it seems like overkill on the desert end, but yesterday was Pie Day with the neighbor ladies. We usually spend the morning together making enough pies to feed the neighborhood. But my seasonal-variety flu got in the way. I am as bummed about missing Pie Day this year as I am about missing our extended family. But the ladies brought us over our three pies anyway.

And as much as we wish we were with the tribe in Illinois (AARGH! We are missing our nephew and his wife that came home from Virginia!), it is kind of hard to be upset spending a quiet, stress-free, travel-free day at home with my little family.

Did I mention there were three pies involved? I am tempted to slice into them in my Grandmother's tradition. She would cut as many slices as there were people at the table. (It was kind of nice when my sister went to college and my portion went from 1/6 to 1/5.)

No comments: