Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Camera-drama

I have been looking for my camera since May. May 4th to be exact. Because the last pictures I took out of it were from May 3rd when Little C turned 6.

I cleaned every corner of anywhere I might have put it. I looked through every bag in the house. I was running out of places to look. I even resorted to hiring a super sleuth to help me look. (Yes I paid him. And it was a waste of my nickel if you ask me. The kid came up with nothing, even with his Super Scopers turned to full power.)


Today I was walking past my golf bag and decided to look in the pockets so I could officially say I looked everywhere and then just go buy myself a new one. But instead I get to state the obvious and tell you that my little red camera was in the last place I looked!

And just in time for the traditional Second Day of School picture! (Come on. Some of you have done it too. Forgotten on day one so you faked it on day 2. Maybe even day 7. No judgements here.)

The real kicker is, the kid ran and put on his Super Scopers and demanded the agreed-upon doubling of his fee for finding the camera. He feels entitled to this because he was on the porch when I found my camera.

Some serious tort reform needs to happen before this kid figures out how to file suit.

No comments: