Monday, February 9, 2009

Book Quote

I finally talked Miss M into reading Jane Eyre.  I love that book.  I love the classic orphan tale mixed with some gothic mystery with themes of home and redemption and rebirth.  But after her great sadness over Beth's death in Little Women Miss M is still not quite sure she trusts me (it has only been 2 years!).

It turns out she is really enjoying it.  Miss M has also enjoyed finding the quotes throughout the book from my 3x5s.  What?  You don't keep 3x5 note cards tucked into books scribbled all over with quotes and page numbers from the book?  Well you should.  Not every book gets one.  Some books, like Jane Eyre, get more than one.  My very favorite quote and now also Miss M's motto:

"She soon forgot her little freaks and became obedient and teachable."

...or at least willing to read her mother's book selections!

No comments: