Monday, March 30, 2009

Miss M is my favorite and my best!

My latest Broadway Obsession is Grey Gardens.  And it is only partly because I think my Grandmother is Little Edie's Long Lost Crazy Sister.

We got home from school today and I was still singing after I exited the minivan.  My garage has great acoustics.  I don't know whether you know that.  I mean...do you know that?  And that is when Miss M told me something that will forever and always make her my favorite daughter.  (Sorry Little C, that includes you when you put on your sister's dance costumes and call yourself "Pearl".)

Miss M:  You sound just like her.

Mama:  (freezes)  What?

Miss M:  The woman singing that song.

Mama:  Da da da da dum!  

"The woman" in question is the Divine Christine Ebersole.  And the song was not one of the brassy numbers Little Edie sings.  It was the reprise of Around the World.  

The girl has me all figured out.  She can have whatever she wants for ever and ever. 

Which calls to mind another favorite..."When you're good to Mama, Mama's goooooood to yooooou!"  (Matron Mama Morton in Chicago).

2 comments:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

I love Miss. M. I have never heard your singing voice, but I would love to!!

Alpha Monkey said...

It is not anywhere near what M claims for its equal!