Monday, March 9, 2009

Ta da!

I am finally decorating my bedroom.  It all started with a quick trip to Anthropologie.  And the duvet and bedskirt were very much on sale.  Like cheaper than Target on sale but not quite IKEA prices on sale.  Anyway...

Moose came home for lunch to help me finish the paint on the mural on the wall.  What?  A mural on the bedroom wall?  Are you thinking Italian restaurant type mural?  Wrong continent.  Are you thinking Moose as a reclining nude?  We laughed thinking about how the modern version of that would have him in a recliner with a remote and a beer bottle strategically placed.  (We do have young children!)  But what I did come up with was a faux finish that makes it look like I have a 4'x5' antique silk print on my wall.  The plan is to frame it with 3" chocolate brown molding.



And no, I did not press my breasts into the paint. Those were test spots for the metallic glaze.  They will be behind a mirror for my vanity anyway!  Plus, the paint was wet. It dried to a more even sheen.

1 comment:

Alpha Monkey said...

BTW...the funky angle here is from the picture taker...me. Not the mural. The thing on the wall is very, very level. And a perfect rectangle. And precisely 6" from the closet door and 6" from the framed mirror that will be next to it which is exactly 6" from the corner of the room. The bottom of both the mirror and the mural are 20" from the floor and the tops (after framing) will be 12.75" less than he top of the door frame. Pleasing. I have a diagram. Calming. And the final width of the mural (which was the one place where there could be some variability) turned out to be exactly what I calculated it should! I am the king of the world! (That's OCD talk for all of my fussing has resolved and I don't have to count and measure it anymore.)