Monday, March 14, 2011

The morning after

Can I start by saying I hate Daylight Savings Time? Also, I think we are angering the sun god by messing with her schedule and we shouldn't make her angry. You don't want to see her when she gets angry.

It should feel like any other morning...only early...but it doesn't. Things like this always happen:

Mama: What is THIS?!!

Little C: (waking an hour early from a deep sleep) huuuuhh?

Mama: It is GUM! On your BED!

Little C: I need that! I am testing it!

Mama: Oh, no. "Does my chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?" is not a valid hypothesis you are going to run through the Scientific Method.

Little C: Why not!?

Mama: Because even if you were able to acquire some product to re-test in the next 10 years, replicating the results is cost prohibitive!

Little C: What?

Mama: What I said was you will not have gum for a long time and when you do, if you try this again, you will pay dearly. Now get downstairs and eat your breakfast!

No comments: