Tuesday, May 4, 2010

my 10:30

I have a 10:30 appointment on my calendar today. 10:30-11:30 is what I entered. I even highlighted it in the correct color to let me know it was something for me, specifically, to go do and not one of the other 4 people whose calendars I keep track of.

I like having my calendar updated and accurate. It is settling for me. But I do recognize I am generally more off the wagon than on it. But right now I am ON IT, baby! I am color coded, updated, and backed up. I am so on the wagon that I am driving the damn thing. Yee Haw! I'm organized and in charge!

Except...

I didn't type in what it is I am supposed to be doing at 10:30.

See, one day last week I sat down with loose bits of paper and appointment reminders and put them all in the program. I called doctors and dentists and got that all squared away too. And everything I can remember entering or scheduling is still in there. The only glitch is this odd 10:30 thing with no identifying information attached.

I am very sorry if you are supposed to be my 10:30. I will not be there. If you happen to call me at 9:30 or 10:00 to confirm I will rush on over. But if you call me at 10:45 or 11:00 to reschedule I won't be able to answer the phone. I will be hiding under the covers in shame.

Please leave a detailed message. I don't do so well with vagueness.

1 comment:

Alpha Monkey said...

The good news: my 10:30 yesterday seems to be about as organized as I am. Which means...not so much and only on the surface.

The bad news: I am still oddly unsettled about not knowing who didn't miss me enough to call!