Monday, May 3, 2010

Followup: Now I feel better

And this is all it took:

1. A tiny little woman at Sam's Club buying 2 gallons of prune juice, 3 bags of dried prunes, 10 pounds of apples, and bulk stool softener. Whatever I have going wrong in the facial hair department, the rest of that stuff is working fine.

2. An odd conversation with the cart-checker as I tried to leave Sam's Club. It went like this:

Her: What the heck is THAT? (peering into my cart)

Me: Cupcakes. With plastic baseballs on them. I think they are rings.

Her: In that canister?

Me: Oh, that. That's the second of 2 items in my cart.

Her: (not going to give me a smiley face until I tell her what is in the plastic container)

Me: Does it matter?

Her: .

Me: Fine. They are hacky sacks. 32 crocheted hacky sacks.

Her: WHAT?

Me: They are toys. For my son's class. To give out with the cupcakes...

Her: Hrumph. (just a bright pink line on my receipt)

3. If older people get to behave like that anytime anyplace...sign me UP!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I think you're also allowed to mutter and drool.