Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just the kind of Gal I am

When some people are faced with considering their life and the quality of it and the potential near-end of it (I am all good, by the way) they turn to the bible.  Me, I reached for Dorothy Parker.

Once, when challenged to use horticulture in a sentence she said, "You can drag a horticulture, but you can't make her think."

Also: “I wish I could drink like a lady / I can take one or two at the most / Three and I'm under the table / Four and I'm under the host”

Or: “It serves me right for putting all my eggs in one bastard.”

And: “I don't know much about being a millionaire, but I'll bet I'd be a darling at it.”

Don't you just LOVE her?!

1 comment:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

holy crap she is soooo funny. I love the eggs in one bastard!!!!