Thursday, April 23, 2009

a growing list

Over the past 3 years or so, my immediate family has been through some interesting medical situations.  And I am not even counting the extended family, just the 5 in this house.  So here is the list of medical professionals we have seen:

Anesthesiology
Gastroenterology
General Practice
Gynecology
Hematology
Neurology
Opthalmology 
Otolaryngology
Pathology
Pediatrics
Physical Therapy
Podiatry
Psychology
Pulmonology
Radiology
Retinology
Urology

Some of them serious, some of them not.  But I have learned one thing.  The staff whisper where the really sick people are.  To some people this might be soothing.  To me it is just so far out of my realm of ordinary that it stresses me out.  But, Miss Mammogram, I do want to thank you for the cold hands today.  Really.  I was sweating enough for the both of us and your cooling touch was just the thing I needed.  Sorry about fogging up the "compression pad."  And Ms. Ultrasound, sorry if I freaked you out when I cooed and told you how nice the warm gel was.  Also, thanks for getting good clear pictures so I did not have to meet Dr. Biopsy.  

I am actually feeling like "dense breast tissue" was quite the compliment.  Thanks (wink).

P.S. Get your boobies checked!  Then you can walk around all day having conversations about the woman who was taking pictures of your tits this morning.  You wouldn't believe the interesting looks you'll get!

No comments: