Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Actual Distress

I did something terrible this week. And I find myself processing it in a semi-Elizabeth-Kubler-Ross sort of manner. Below I have outlined the stages of

SORRY I COLORED MY DAUGHTER'S HAIR:

1. Justify it
I have done this three times before and it turned out beautifully each time.
2. Frame it
75% success rate isn't so bad considering I am not a professional.

3. Correct it
Brassy, orange highlights can certainly be fixed with a temporary Medium Natural Brown rinse.

4. Sell it
She looks GREAT with dark auburn hair. It blends well with her very dark eyes, lashes and brows.

5. Recognize it
Aw shit. That's quite red.

6. Apologize for it
I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry I am sorry...

7. Pay for it
She will be missing a day of school tomorrow and we will be spending half of it at the spendy salon with a color expert to get her back to her actual natural medium brown.

8. (I don't know about this one yet, but I am hoping it involves forgiveness. I also need to point out that Miss M is not mad at me. Bless her awkwardly darkened locks. She said, "I'm smart, mom. I know that blaming you for this is not productive. I just want it fixed.")

No comments: