Friday, December 10, 2010

Horror! (a retelling of a tale presented by Miss M)

Little C wanted me to read to him from my Science textbook. So I picked a spot and started reading. Then he just wanted to look at the pictures so I let him. But THEN, he screamed and ran out of my room. I looked at the page and it was full of pictures of diseased livers and kidneys.

I went to find him and he was hiding under a blanket. "Little C, it's ok. Those are just pictures of what happens to you when you drink alcohol and smoke."

"Bbbut...are those a kind of KID?! Did that happen to a KID from doing those things?!" he cried.

"NO! Those are KIDneys. You have them inside of you," I explained. "Right here and here."

"Inside of ME?! Aaahhhh!" More crying ensued.

"Little C," I hugged him, "it's ok. Yours are all pink and cute. Just don't ever drink and smoke, ok?"

"Ok," he promised meekly.


(Some days, I can flip my parenting on cruise control and just let Miss M handle things!)

1 comment:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

I LOVE this, especially the "you are all pink and cute." Everyone is so good with Ava. It's like she has 5 parents.

Maggie is so bright! I hope you have lots of video of her talking. Let's youtube a video and let them view each other!!