Friday, June 26, 2009

Invisible Woman

Ok. It is not just a fluke or an imagined injustice. I have had MUCH shorter hair for 3 days and only one person outside of my immediate family has even noticed it. WTF? (BTW, Moose loves it.)

I could see if it was maybe a mole removed from the back of my hand, or my tooth whitener lightened my choppers half a shade. Those are things not worth noticing. But a random radical hair change? Most of these people have only ever known me with long hair.  Long.  My hair was past my bra in the back!

My only conclusion is I am the invisible woman. Did any of you ever see that sad movie in school or at church called "Cipher in The Snow?" (Anyone who grew up in Utah has seen it for sure!) I am the Cipher!  I might as well have fallen off the bus into a snow bank.  And my neighbor was that favorite teacher.  And the parents at baseball are the other students.  And you all, you all (um, Jen and Lorraine) are my stepmom who was the only one who ever really knew me.

I guess it is a good thing that I have mellowed into an Introvert as I've grown up. But there is still that little bit of Extrovert that rears its pointy ears and hollers, "Look at ME!!!  I cut my hair!"

2 comments:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

I TOTALLY would have noticed in person! SUCK IT all of you "friends".

I have never seen this movie, but now must HUNT it down! I love that I am a good stepmom.

Send more pictures of your hair!!! I loved the other one and am trying to emulate it.

Alpha Monkey said...

Those "beachy waves" are hard to do. I am still trying to pull it off with professional intervention. Also, I like it straight.