Friday, June 19, 2009

Bad example...again

Gin and tonic mix well with many things. Farm implements and tennis balls are not two of them.

(DISCLAIMER: no mammals, amphibians, reptiles, or avians were hurt during the production of this piece. Can't be so sure about insects.)

So, I thought since Moose took the three kids to the grocery store with him last evening it would be a good time to quickly mow the front lawn before the weekend. I drive a big-ol' John Deere and I don't use a trimmer. However (you knew there had to be one), having had cocktails earlier, maybe it wasn't the best time to be zooming around atop a sharpened propeller. I will now list for you the reasons I have come to this conclusion.

1. I still drove at my usual speed (the rabbit setting not the turtle) but it was hard to corner when I was trying not to spill my beverage.
2. My usual mow pattern had to change because of a new flowerbed.
3. And also some grass areas being seeded.
4. And while I was super careful not to mow over the hose, the little flat of impatient seedlings in the shade of a pine tree was not so lucky.
5. Neither was Olly's collection of tennis balls he carefully places in the grass around the edge of the playground mulch. Sorry about that, boy. Please stop staring at the garbage can like I tossed a loved one in there. I said I would get you some new balls!
5. But mostly, it is because when the debris landed in my drink I didn't even care and I swallowed it all with the lime seeds. Kack!

3 comments:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

Nooooo. That is disgusting. There is dog poo in those clippings. I agree with your conclusion. We really don't want you coming down with ecoli poisening.

Alpha Monkey said...

I do scoop frequently in the summer but...Double Kack!

Alpha Monkey said...

DR. Fancypants had assured me the alcohol in the gin would kill anything of a bacterial nature. Whew.