Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dear Mama-To-Be,

This photo is from before your belly was as big as yourself.  Could you have imagined carrying around a pregnancy that doubled your size?  My third just felt like it (ok...and sort of looked like it too).  All my love and sympathy, sweet girl.  No wonder I love you already.  I think we have so much in common.  I hear you are not so fond of being covered with parasites either.  I am thrilled to be playing the role of assistant midwife.  After the terrible situation you were found in you deserve the most spa-like delivery I can put together.  I even found some CD I was given during my first pregnancy.  I'll put it on for you while I give you a massage.  It won't make a difference during the delivery.  Nothing will.  But afterwards, when you have forgotten the pain of it and are enjoying the noises suckling pups make, you will remember that someone loved you enough to help in any way she could think of.

1 comment:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

This is the cutest dog ever!!!!