Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stellar Moment in Parenting

So...maybe I would handle this situation differently next time.

We had guests over for dinner this evening and their kids were in the yard playing with our kids. At one point Little C came running in with some serious tattling to do:

Little C: Um, just so all of you grown ups know...Miss E (the 5 year old visiting) just called all of us "freakin' losers."

Mama: (trying to spare the guest a bit of embarrassment) Well, did you stop to consider that you might be?

3 comments:

Cal said...

Haaahaha. That's like when my mom used to say, "You know, I love you very much but right now I don't like you one little bit."

I'm up for coffee any time! Email me and we'll get something on the calendar :) cjconney@gmail.com
x
El

Alpha Monkey said...

Your mother is an honest woman. I'll email.

Jennifer Babbitt said...

you are AWESOME!!!! I am going to try that tactic next time.